Mileage: 70,000 on odometer, 6,000 on restoration
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Engine: 3.5L V8
Drivetrain: Rear-Wheel Drive
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior: DB172 Anthracite Grey Metallic
The SLR version of the 280SL has the much cleaner European look with no side markers, bumperettes, or antenna. It also has an extremely rare 3.5 coupe 4-speed manual transmission, manual steering, European halogen headlights, 15 x 7 alloy wheels, and radio delete dash plate. With its 10:1 compression ratio, ported and polished heads, extrusion honed manifolds, and 6.3 exhaust this is an exciting car to drive even by today’s standards. In 1969 it would have been in a class all by itself. What a shame Mercedes decided not to produce in at least a limited edition of this car!
- No power steering
- 3.5 coupe 11-inch vented 4-wheel power disc brakes
- No radio
- No bumperettes, side marker lights, antenna, etc.
- 10:1 compression ratio, ported & polished heads, extrusion honed manifolds, 6.3 diameter stainless steel exhaust system
- European halogen headlights
- Larger factory Mercedes front sway bar
- 15 x 7 inch light alloy wheels
- Weighs just 2,950 lbs – 750 lbs lighter than the 111 3.5 coupe donor car